Stir-Fried Thai Rice Noodles with Fresh Bean Sprouts and Fresh Shrimp
Are you looking for a delicious and easy Thai dish to make at home? Look no further than Stir-Fried Thai Rice Noodles with Fresh Bean Sprouts and Fresh Shrimp. This dish is packed with flavor and can be customized to fit any dietary needs or preferences.
To make this dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz. Thai rice noodles
- 1/2 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Begin by soaking the rice noodles in cold water for about 10 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Add the bean sprouts and green onions to the pan and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Drain the water from the rice noodles and add them to the pan with the shrimp and vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, lime juice, and red pepper flakes (if using) until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir-fry everything together for an additional 2-3 minutes until the noodles are heated through and evenly coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top of the dish before serving.
Tips for Making Perfect Stir-Fried Thai Rice Noodles
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water for at least 10 minutes before cooking them. This will help soften them up so they cook evenly.
- Stir-fry the shrimp separately before adding in the vegetables to make sure everything cooks evenly and nothing gets overcooked.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for best results. Fresh shrimp and bean sprouts will give your dish a delicious crunch and flavor.
- Customize the ingredients to fit your taste preferences or dietary needs. Add more vegetables or spice, or swap out the shrimp for chicken or tofu.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I make this dish if I am allergic to shellfish?
A1. Absolutely! You can swap out the shrimp for chicken or tofu, or leave it out altogether if you prefer.
Q2. Can I use dried rice noodles instead of fresh?
A2. Yes, just make sure to follow the package instructions for soaking and cooking times.
Q3. Do I need to use oyster sauce in this recipe?
A3. No, you can leave it out if you prefer. However, it does add a delicious umami flavor to the dish.
Q4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?
A4. Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Q5. Can I customize this dish to fit my dietary needs?
A5. Yes, you can customize this dish by swapping out the ingredients to fit your dietary needs. Use gluten-free soy sauce, or omit the peanuts if you have a nut allergy.
Q6. Is this dish spicy?
A6. It can be, depending on how much red pepper flakes you use. Feel free to adjust the spice level to fit your taste preferences.
Q7. Can I freeze this dish?
A7. No, this dish is best enjoyed fresh and should not be frozen.
Stir-Fried Thai Rice Noodles with Fresh Bean Sprouts and Fresh Shrimp is a delicious and easy dish that can be customized to fit any dietary needs or preferences. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that will impress your friends and family. So why not give it a try tonight?